Things to consider when choosing a cemetery:
1. How much does the grave cost?
2. Does the cemetery require an outer container? (At this time there is no law requiring an outer container/vault, but cemeteries may require them).
3. How much does it cost for the opening/closing of the grave? These cost may be from $50 to over $1000.
4. If you are an honorably discharged veteran, you can be buried in a veterans cemetery at no cost to you and your outer container/vault is provided along with your grave marker. Your spouse and dependent children may also qualify to be buried there for a small fee.
5. What type of grave markers does the cemetery allow?